Queensland Health has issued updated advice in relation to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak in the city of Wuhan in the Hubei province in China.
Further information is available on the Queensland Health website. http://conditions.health.qld.gov.au/…/217/838/novel-coronav…
For all travellers:
- Contacts of any confirmed novel coronavirus cases must self-isolate for 14 days following exposure.
- Returned travellers who have visited Hubei Province of China need to self-isolate for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
Childcare, school and TAFE / Private RTO students:
- Contacts of any confirmed novel coronavirus case must self-isolate and should not attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days following exposure.
- Returned travellers who have visited China, including Hong Kong, should not attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days after leaving China, including Hong Kong.
- This includes students, teachers and anyone who works or attends these facilities.
Self-isolation means staying at home and not accepting visitors. This is a precautionary measure following new advice around the time frame that people may be contagious before showing symptoms.